Sunday 15 January 2012

The Power is Amazing.

I have had the latest version of the edu mod (0.975) since before Christmas, but it took until a couple of days ago to work out how to use the clear feature that was added. The fill feature was easy, but how the clear worked eluded me. It was not until I needed to use it that I decided to try and work it out (what is it that they say about 'just in time' learning being a better way of learning than 'just in case' learning?). And work it out I did.

I have got to say I was amazed that with about 4 clicks I could clear an area too big to count, I know it was about 30 blocks deep, but I have not gone back and tried to count the sides. I was floored, so floored in fact I undid the clear, and set up to record it so I could share the power of the edu mod on youtube, and here with you.


And there is the video, it took about 26 seconds to calculate what needed clearing, and when I checked the server logs there was a fair amount of "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded" but as you can see on the video the outcome is amazing. It would have taken over an hour to clear an area that large just in creative mode.

I am trying to use twitter more, and am tweeting when I blog and upload videos to youtube, so follow me on twitter (@tickleme_elfman) to receive those. Thanks again for taking the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment