Thursday 26 January 2012

Cannot Help Myself.

Hi all, I know in my last post I said I must not start any new projects until I finish my cell tour map, but I just couldn't help myself. I had a thought, and it needed testing. I had spent about a day hunting around for mapping tools trying to find one that I liked, and worked the way I wanted. Then I posted my last post, and went to bed.

While asleep I had even more thoughts about contour maps and how best to use Minecraft to help the kids learn about them, and what they represent. I had a brainwave that I needed to test out. So I set myself up in a fresh world on the Edu server and proceeded to record myself as I put my thought into action. Below is the resulting video.



I am amazed at how well it turned out. It is exactly what I was looking for and I can barely wait the 3-4 weeks it is going to be before I teach contour maps so that I can use this with my class to see how it goes with students. Until then I guess I will just have to keep thinking of new ideas. As always thanks for taking the time to read my blog, feedback and comments are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment